Alizem releases its new Embedded Motor Control Software IP for Critical Applications
Posted February 17, 2014 in
Lévis (CANADA), February 18th 2014. Alizem is proud to announce the release of its new Embedded Motor Control Software IP for Critical Applications based on a technology invented and developed at the Canadian Space Agency (CSA). This solution is meant to work with BLDC and PMSM motors operating in applications where energy-efficiency and reliability are critical. It offers significant benefits to inverter-fed electric motor drive system designers:
- Optimal management of phase current distribution lowering losses and enhancing maximum achievable torque and speed by 20% leading to lower motor rating, weight, space and cooling requirements
- Ripple-free torque leading to reduced mechanical stress, velocity fluctuation, noise and higher reliability and tracking accuracy in servo applications
- Automatic fault recovery from a phase winding failure and/or phase voltage/current saturation
- Capability to provide critical information regarding motor health to master system (M2M, machine-to-machine)
- Easy-to-use application programming interface (API) for quick and safe operation including multiple debug modes for power stage, transducer and system protection verification for early bug detection
This software can be ported and run on any type of electronic device that fits motor control applications and integrated into new or existing electric motor drive systems.
“Critical applications are numerous ranging from airplane brake systems, robotics and electric vehicles to HVAC systems installed in a nuclear plant. In many of those applications, electric motors play a central role and failure may lead to catastrophic human and financial consequences” said Dr. Marc Perron, President at Alizem. “This is why the motor control software installed in those motor drive systems must not only deliver excellent operational performance but must also be robust to motor damage in order to reduce the risk of failure and downtime. This also includes consuming as low energy as possible to maximize operation time when systems are operating from a limited energy source such as batteries or gas tank. This new product is a great way to address this problem without investing all the efforts needed to develop this technology. This is how Alizem helps its customer to get more innovation in their product better, faster and cheaper.”
Customers interested in this solution have access to more technical information by consulting Alizem website or by contacting Alizem sales department.
About Alizem inc. - Alizem is a vendor-independent embedded software IP company specialized in power electronics applications such as motor control and solar power conversion. Alizem’s off-the-shelf software solutions are designed to be quickly and easily integrated by non-power electronics experts and meant to provide significant cost, risk and time-to-market reduction in the development of power electronics systems. http://www.alizem.com
About the Canadian Space Agency – Established by the Government of Canada in March 1989, the Agency's headquarters are located in Longueuil, Quebec. To meet the evolving needs of Canadian citizens, CSA partners with government, industry, universities, and international organizations. By leveraging international cooperation, the CSA generates world-class scientific research and industrial development for the benefit of Canadians and humanity. http://www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/industry/ipmtt
Related product: Critical Motor Drives Applications