Posted April 15, 2018
Posted November 19, 2012 in
Recently, an excellent article has been published by Mike Roberts on the Product Design and Development website, addressing the top 6 challenges in Electronics Manfacturing. Here is how Alizem COTS embedded software contributes in solving those challenges :
1. Shrinking Operating Margins: Global competition and new innovations are driving prices down. Companies must continually become more cost-efficient to remain profitable.
Alizem offers off-the-shelf expertise in embedded software and power electronics applications. You get the best of the the worlds: rare-to-find world-class expertise, on tap. This approach helps you bring constant innovation in your products at reduced costs, risks and time-to-market.
2. Complex Global Supply-Chain: More and more, companies have to juggle internal and external resources while staying within international standards. Issues such as traceability and compliance are increasing operational burdens. It is not unusual for components and sub-components to embark on a journey that touches three or more continents before reaching the end-consumer.
3. Service and Warranty Management: Leveraging the global supply-chain is putting more focus on supplier quality management. Having a strong quality and traceability system directly affects warranty reserve and post-production service hours.
Alizem software products are delivered over internet directly to customer worldwide. No inventory is needed. No domain experts are required.
4. Short Product Lifecycles: With quickly changing consumer tastes and preferences, EMS companies and contract manufacturers need to have effective New Product Introduction (NPI) processes in place. Closed-loop communication between sales, manufacturing, and engineering is vital to ensure product launches hit time, volume, and quality targets.
Alizem offers application-specific, pre-tested and directly integrable embedded software. Knowing that embedded software development accounts for a high proportion of a project costs and risks, this is a great way to shorten product lifecycles while keeping focus on product differentiation.
5. Uncertain Demand: Aggregately, economic volatility and cyclical demand cause fluctuations in production. On a more granular level, consumer preference can cause spikes in demand for an individual product or company. Efficient lean capabilities must be in place to keep inventory aligned with demand.
Alizem on-tap expertise and products are delivered when needed allowing our customers to freely adjust their schedule and easily go through any economic downturn or exceptional events. Also, Alizem offers its products through flexible licensing agreements that enable development system costs to be delayed up to production (revenues).
6. Sustainability: Emerging regulations and standards are forcing companies to account more and more for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in decisions. E-Waste, a popular topic today, is driving conversations about the disposal of products and their impact on the environment. Companies must now consider of the complete product lifecycle in decisions.