Alizem DC Motor Control Embedded Software for Intel MAX10 ® FPGA
- Medical devices
- Consumer products
Key Benefits & Features
- NO EXPERTISE NEEDED: No expertise in motor control or advanced FPGA design required. Keep your focus on your design. Save costs, risks and time-to-market.
- SCALABLE: Each block controls one motor and multiple instantiation is possible for multi-axis systems.
- SMALL FOOTPRINT: less than 100 LEs per block. Reference design is less than 2300 LEs.
- EASY TO USE: DC motor control software IP block composed of a Qsys component and a NIOS II software API.
- UNIQUE: Alizem's proprietary easy-to-use API making it quick and safe to configure and operate for non-motor control nor FPGA experts.
- Internet-of-things (IoT) ready with reference design integrating Alizem IoT interface (optional).
- For complete features and details, please order the Datasheet (for FREE).
Multi-axis DC motor control reference design, system requirements:
- Quartus Prime software Lite edition, version 16.0. Available from Altera website.
- 1x Intel MAX10 ® Development kit (DK-DEV-10M50-A). Available from Altera website.
- 1x DC voltage source to power the PMOD HB3/HB5 devices. Available from Robotshop or others.
Two of those packages (HB3 = no motor feedback sensor, HB5 = motor encoder feedback sensor)
- Digilent PMOD HB3 device - available from Digilent or RobotShop or others - and a DC motor compatible with PMOD HB3 devices (12V and less) - available from Robotshop or others.
- Digilent PMOD HB5 device - available from Digilent - and a DC motor compatible with PMOD HB5 devices (12V and less) - available from Digilent.
NOTE: You can pick either 2xHB3 or 2xHB5 or 1xHB3 + 1xHB5, as you prefer.
IoT & Multi-axis DC motor control reference design, system requirements:
- All the above plus:
- A RaspberryPI2/3 Starter kit device including everything to make it work correctly (power supply, 16Gb SD card, USB mouse + keyboard, HDMI/VGA connector to plug to screen and Ethernet/WIFI Internet connection). This one is great.
|No time-bomb||No time-bomb||No time-bomb|
|Software||Compiled Library||Open Source||Open Source||Open Source|
|IoT Reference design||No||No||Yes||Yes|
Max 1k units / year
Max 10k units / year
|Device||Any Intel FPGA||MAX10||MAX10||Any Intel FPGA|
|Quartus||16.0||16.0||16.0||16.0 & +|
|Engineering & Support||Not available||Not Included||Not included||Not included|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1- It looks great but I would like to get this IP modified to fit exactly my application, is it possible?
Yes. We may do so via an engineering contract. Please contact us to discuss your exact needs.
2- Low-volume version looks great for my needs. However, we plan to produce 2k units per year and I notice the included Product License is limited to 1k units per year. How can I resolve this issue?
You simply need to order 2 units of the Low-volume version. You will then have two 1k units per years Production Licenses and then may operate with no issue.
3- Can I use the Open Source version of this product as a prototype for any real-time embedded controller?
Yes, all the basics are there (VHDL, drivers, API, IRQ initialization) and it provides you a good indication of all you need to configure to design your own controller. It is up to you to customize code for your own control application (valve, temperature, etc.).
4- I have a low-volume IoT application, how can I get the IoT option with the Low-Volume version ?
Good point. You simply need to buy the IoT package in 'standalone' version. The included reference design is not customized to DC Motor Control applications but you can easily customize it yourself.
5- My design uses PMSM/BLDC motor, not DC motor. Do you have a solution for those motors?
Yes! Please have a look to Alizem Motor Control Software for Servo-Drives apps. It has been tested on PMSM and BLDC motors from 30W to 100kW.
6- I need this IP but for another Intel FPGA technology than MAX10. Is it possible?
Yes. Of course, please contact us on this topic. Note: pricing is not the same.
7- How can I learn more on Intel MAX10 (R) FPGA embedded system design?
Read our ebook on the topic.
8- How can I learn more on custom motor drive design ?
Read our ebook on the topic.
Alizem is a proud member of Intel's FPGA Design Solution Network.